Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hurry Up!

Today just seems like a good day for remembering things. It has been 18 years since my mom died and while God has healed that wound for me, I find that it is heavily on my mind today. Because of current circumstances I find myself wanting to remember a lot of the things I have "forgotten". I know that they are there somewhere but I want to remember them.

So that's the frame of mind I'm in this morning. As I was sitting here wanting to remember I kept getting this sense of God asking me, "Why are you in such a hurry?". Wow! That's me, always in a hurry, always wanting everything NOW. This revelation of course changed my thought pattern. So I sit here and realize that yes, I am in fact always in a hurry and I want everything now! Then another thought, "I'll give to you when it's time". Oh man, more waiting!

But here's the deal. Yes, it seems the last 18 years have more or less flown by, which on one hand makes me want to hurry more, but then I think, how much have I missed out on by not enjoying where I am instead of waiting for what is to come. So I guess my prayer today is to learn to be in the moment. To enjoy the place Christ has me right now and to trust Him to "give to me when it's time".

Guess I'll have to learn to get over the "hurry up" and enjoy the "wait".

1 comment:

heather young said...

thanks for sharing.... praying for you... and we shall wait upon the Lord together.