Sunday, December 20, 2009

Soaking Wet yet Dry as a Bone


I haven't written a post in ages.  So long in fact that I now realize that you can't select your font on here anymore and I do NOT like this one! Oh wait, I figured out how to change it, YAY!

Where have I been you may ask, the answer is standing in the rain.  I heard my preacher give a sermon once where he described God's protection as an umbrella.  As long as we walk with God, we remain under the umbrella, nice and dry.  But the moment we step out of God's will, we find ourselves out from under his protection.  In other words, standing in the rain, soaking wet.

It's the usual that leads me out into the rain: selfishness, anger, rebellion (need I go on) and it's my longing for God that always brings me back.  I find myself parched and only living water quenches that thirst.

That's the irony of the situation right?  I find myself soaking wet on the outside yet dry as a bone on the inside.  I've actually been back under the umbrella for awhile now but I've been drinking deeply and haven't taken the time to blog.  I've been licking my wounds and coming to terms with my disobedience while spending time in the word.  Maybe one day I'll go into more detail about my soggy clothes but not today.

I guess the reason I decided to write a blog now is because I am contemplating keeping a journal on here while I am on my mission trip to Alaska in March.  I like the idea but I shudder at sharing the soggy clothes I gather along the way.  We'll see what happens but for now I'm back.

Hoping this post finds your thirst quenched and your clothes dry instead of soaking wet yet dry as a bone.

In His Grace,
Lindy

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad to have a little blog hopping time....enjoyed your blog tonight.....

Teresa

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Leah B. said...

I just reread this one and really like it. I think you should start blogging again. ;)