Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ahhh... Just Pray

I am going through, let's see, what would you call it? A time of growth, maybe revelation, definately healing. I've been wanting to blog about it but it's just still too new and in many ways too raw.

But it's good. It's not some horrible experience that I am dreading, rather I keep asking myself, "Who am I that God would be so mindful of me to bring me to this place at this time with definate boundaries to control the experience?" (Cause I definately need boundaries to slow me down!)

I know that I need to be here. I know that it serves a purpose (even though I don't fully understand all that that purpose entails) and I know that God is near.

So I ask that you pray for me. Pray that I keep this about God and what He is doing in my life and don't try and make it about me (cause I sure like to do that). Pray for the other people experiencing it with me, that they know and do God's will in this also. And pray for the people around me who normally help me through things, that God will give them a willing heart to help me and understanding of God's plan as well.

Sunday in church God clearly humbled me and brought me to my knees to pray for His guidance and protection. I know that He is here, I know that He has a plan, I know this is critical (as Beth Moore would say) and thanks to His revelation on Sunday, I am not too proud to ask for prayers.

I know this is very vague but it's all I have for now because I am still processing the info. Dealing with past hurts is not easy but very necessary. Just know that this is not some life or death scenario, I'm merely overcoming past pain and and making amends for past mistakes. Nevertheless, I covet your prayers.

2 comments:

Leah B. said...

Thank you, Lindy, for being so honest about your struggles and all you are going through. You've always been so real and that is one of the many things I admire so much about you. I love you, friend.

heather young said...

praying for you. love you.