Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You can do it...

I am currently experimenting with fonts to see which one looks best on my page. It's an annoying OCD thing I have when it comes to graphics! But anyway.

So I learned this week that with enough prayer and a little want to, you can do things you never thought you could. Physically I have been in a pit so I decided to sign up for a 4 week boot camp with some friends. If you know me, you know that I am in NO WAY athletically gifted. But I needed a jump start to get myself back on track at the gym. I figured I could force myself to do it but the BIG problem is that the class is at 5:00 AM, yes, that's AM. I am NOT a morning person. I like to stay up late and sleep late. But I decided that if God could wake me up at 5:00 am on Sundays to work at church, He could wake me up at 4:15 am to get my temple in shape. And surprise, surprise, surprise, HE HAS! While I realize I may be jumping the gun with this declaration (I've only done 2 days so far) what is amazing is that I am not just awake but that I am actually speaking and civil to people this early. That is a major change for me. Did I mention that I am NOT a morning person! While I cannot say the class is easy, I am doing it and for the most part still walking when it's over (may look a little funny doing it but I am). So there you have it, lesson for the day: Give it to God and He will deliver!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

that is about the time that Buddy gets up, you taking him with you?

Bill and Kathy McDonald said...

Way to go girl. Next thing you will be getting up early to go fishing!!

EnergizedSeller said...

Good job. Keep the good attitude up for 2 weeks and maybe you'll make it a habit - and motivate others, like me, to do the same

heather young said...

Lindy, This is awesome!! I'm so proud of you. I will pray for you. I am NOT a morning person either. Love you.